Hey everyone, So part of the reason for starting my blog was to spur me on to sew a bit faster and finish things. I have been sewing my Hawthorn dress, for I honestly couldn’t tell you. This dress has been challenging, I have had difficulties with setting in the sleeves, redoing them about 3… Continue reading The never-ending Hawthorn dress completed
For those of you who have me on facebook would have seen, I did finish the dress in time for my friend’s wedding! I’m gunna be honest, I didn’t like cutting it that fine but I had been a bit slack in getting on with it sooner in the year. So, here are the photos!… Continue reading The finished article and the beautiful bride!
Hey everyone, last time on my Grace dress I had messed up the invisible zip and had to unpick one of the sides to re-try. This time I have been successful, well kind of.. Those of you who have put in a zip into a lined dress might have noticed my mistake which I only… Continue reading Grace dress update
I found a little time over the weekend to fit my invisible zip in to my Grace dress, well attempt to anyways. It didn’t go to plan… I set up pinning in one side The top of the zip was spot on The bottom was a bit out of the 5/8th seam allowance but still… Continue reading Invisible zip mistakes!
So I’ve been working, quite slowly if I’m honest, on the dress I’m wearing to my friend Grace’s wedding at the beginning of June. The pattern is the Flora dress – By Hand London, and the fabric is from Sew Over It. Some problems I initially had were the fact that the fabric is very… Continue reading Progress on Grace dress so far…